I was up into the wee hours working, so I'm taking the easy way out today and playing along with something two of my friends hit me with recently.
The first is my BFF Pamela, who on her MySpace page requested that I share 10 random things, facts or habits about myself.
That seems pretty easy, even on a day when I topped off my nonspillable mug with water, only to discover it was already half full of Diet Sprite.
- I used to think I was a cat person, but ever since I got my dog, Una, I'm a dog person, as well.
- The first car I ever had was a 1973 Chevy Caprice Classic nicknamed The Enterprise. My current car is a 2002 Ford Focus nicknamed Moondancer. Some habits never die.
- Both my parents are only children, so I have no biological aunts, uncles or cousins.
- I'm the only one of my siblings who doesn't have a tattoo.
- I frequently talk in my sleep. Not just a word or two but entire conversations which sometimes The Gryphon tells me about the next day. My dad would find it amusing that I don't stop talking, even in sleep.
- My first pet was a cat I named Catty who I remember only as a shadowy form with claws, since he used to hide from me under the couch whenever I tried to pet him.
- I have a chronic injury to my left trapezius muscle from taking a bad fall doing a shoulder roll in Jung Sim Do class about 11 years ago. I'm not sure if the pain has gotten better over time or if I've just gotten used to it.
- I can't sleep more than eight hours or I get a migraine.
- My first published poem appeared in the local newspaper when I was 9.
- I love to swim, but I hate to dive.
The other meme is a set of questions posted to The Cosplayer's (sundancekat) LiveJournal. She wanted everyone on her friends list to answer these 36 (35, sir!) questions. While she requested that we do it in the comments to her original entry, I'm posting it here so everyone can read it. If you'd like to answer the same questions on your own blog or LiveJournal, please do so and let me know you did.
- Are you currently in a serious relationship?
Yes! The Gryphon and I got hitched in September 2007. Never been happier!
- What was your dream growing up?
To be a writer, although I've also flirted with the idea of being a teacher, an architect (from watching The Brady Bunch), and a journalist.
- What talent do you wish you had?
I'd love to be able to draw freehand as easily as some of my very talented, artistic friends.
- If I bought you a drink what would it be?
Either a glass of Pinot Grigio or a glass of Pinot Noir.
- Favorite vegetable?
Depending on my mood and the season, it might be squash, sweet potatoes, spinach, or a host of others. Veggies are yummy!
- What was the last book you read?
Looking for an Eye by Philadelphia area poet Peter Krok. Currently, I'm reading Mindless Eating by Brian Wansink.
- What zodiac sign are you?
I'm every inch the Virgo.
- Any tattoos and/or piercings? Explain where.
No tattoos. My ears are double-pierced. Hey, it was the thing in the '80s.
- Worst habit?
- If you saw me walking down the street, would you offer me a ride?
- What is your favorite sport?
Figure skating, but I only really watch it during the Olympics. I appreciate dance of all varieties, but I don't know if that counts. It's not typically competitive.
- Do you have a negative or optimistic attitude?
Optimistic, an attitude I learned from my Dad, who always finds a way to see the sunshine through the clouds.
- What would you do if you were stuck in an elevator with me?
Try to make you laugh. Hey, captive audience!
- Worst thing to ever happen to you?
I can't think of anything. Most things I think are bad at the time end up being good in the long run (see answer 12).
- Tell me one weird fact about you.
Fifteen used to be my favorite number. Really!
- Do you have any pets?
Yes. An 8-year-old dog named Una and a 2-year-old cat named Luke.
- What if I showed up at your house unexpectedly?
I would invite you in, but if it were a week night, I'd still have to work!
- What was your first impression of me? (hmmm... careful!)
I loved your wry sense of humor and the fact that you're so down-to-earth.
- Do you think clowns are cute or scary?
Both. Usually, the background music will tell you which they are.
- If you could change one thing about how you look, what would it be?
Trim down my hips and thighs.
- Would you be my crime partner or my conscience?
Your conscience. Shame on you!
- What color eyes do you have?
Blue-grey, but sometimes they look blue-green, depending on what I'm wearing.
- Ever been arrested?
No, but I've been questioned by police as a witness.
- Bottle or can soda?
Bottles, baby. Usually, though, I prefer coffee.
- If you won $10,000 today, what would you do with it?
Pay some bills and split the rest between clothes and tools to help my writing career.
- There is no Number 26.
- What's your favorite place to hang out?
Gee, I don't really have one. My local coffee shop, on occasion.
- Do you believe in ghosts?
Yes, and my family has plenty of ghost stories to share.
- Favorite thing to do in your spare time?
Answer questions! No, not really. Read my friend's blogs, surf the Internets, play the Sims, watch DVDs and read, not necessarily in that order.
- Do you swear a lot?
Heck no! It frightens my pets.
- Biggest pet peeve?
Men who make sexist remarks and expect me to laugh.
- In one word, how would you describe yourself?
- Do you believe/appreciate romance?
I didn't for many years, but The Gryphon helped me to believe again. Our wedding bands are engraved with the word "Believe."
- If you could live anywhere in the world where would you choose?
I'm happy in the Philadelphia area. Lots of my friends live here, and it's a laid-back, diverse sort of area.
- Do you believe in God?
Yes. More in the Buddhist sense than in the Christian sense, though. God is an all-encompassing spirit that suffuses all of us.
- Will you repost this so I can fill it out and do the same for you?
Asked and answered.
Sprite doesn't taste that bad watered down.