- Woke up early and attempted to sneak downstairs to get work done.
- Could smell the diaper pail from the hallway, so I took the trash out first.
- Was just pouring myself some Gatorade -- breakfast drink of champions! -- when my husband brought me the crying toddler. I thought he was going back to bed, but he was very nice and stayed up to make breakfast.
- While The Gryphon made breakfast, I used his faster, more powerful computer to play Farmville, telling myself I would alternate between that and work on WV. Right!
- Breakfast was ready: Dutch babies (like a cross between a pancake and a crepe), organic yogurt, and banana slices, with coffee. Yum.
- Was settling down to work after starting up an episode of "Caillou" for KFP when...
- Power failure. The whole neighborhood went down. Bright, sunny, not particularly hot day. We don't know why either.
- Read several books to KFP while the power was down. We were in the middle of building a Duplo block tower when the power came back up.
- While using a diaper pin to make KFP's too-big pants fit (he has been converting his baby belly into height), remembered I'd meant to order some pants adjusters from OneStepAhead.com.
- While I was at it, also ordered a juice box holder and then, from another site, a Halloween costume for KFP, and birthday presents for my brother and niece.
- Since our wedding anniversary is next weekend, looked up what to get for a fifth anniversary gift. Wood??? I'm going to have to think about that one.
- Checked on the sales rank of the Kindle version of "The Art of Life" and was thrilled to discover it was ranked #1 in free Kindle books in the section Humor > Parenting & Families. Went on my Facebook author page and my Twitter account to brag about it.
- Had a simple lunch: my son's leftover chicken tenders and corn muffin from last night's dinner at Famous Dave's BBQ, along with some frozen peas.
- Sat down to get some work done finally, and was hit in the leg repeatedly by a toddler who was overtired and excitable.
- Offered to take him for a walk in the stroller, the plan being to come here after he fell asleep and get some work done.
- Sat down to write up a post of how I've been procrastinating so far...
OK, it's time!
Time Management, Or Lack Thereof
I learned this weekend that someone I've known for over 30 years, Chuck Shandry, suddenly passed away. I've posted in memory of him at my literary…
This is my entry for this week of therealljidol (LJ Idol Survivor). The topic this week is "You Shook Me." As I punched in at the blue-plated…
This is my entry for Week 7 of LJ Idol Survivor. This week's prompt was "Dig It." Can You Dig It? Mustard kitchen counters outlasted all my…