- Woke up early and attempted to sneak downstairs to get work done.
- Could smell the diaper pail from the hallway, so I took the trash out first.
- Was just pouring myself some Gatorade -- breakfast drink of champions! -- when my husband brought me the crying toddler. I thought he was going back to bed, but he was very nice and stayed up to make breakfast.
- While The Gryphon made breakfast, I used his faster, more powerful computer to play Farmville, telling myself I would alternate between that and work on WV. Right!
- Breakfast was ready: Dutch babies (like a cross between a pancake and a crepe), organic yogurt, and banana slices, with coffee. Yum.
- Was settling down to work after starting up an episode of "Caillou" for KFP when...
- Power failure. The whole neighborhood went down. Bright, sunny, not particularly hot day. We don't know why either.
- Read several books to KFP while the power was down. We were in the middle of building a Duplo block tower when the power came back up.
- While using a diaper pin to make KFP's too-big pants fit (he has been converting his baby belly into height), remembered I'd meant to order some pants adjusters from OneStepAhead.com.
- While I was at it, also ordered a juice box holder and then, from another site, a Halloween costume for KFP, and birthday presents for my brother and niece.
- Since our wedding anniversary is next weekend, looked up what to get for a fifth anniversary gift. Wood??? I'm going to have to think about that one.
- Checked on the sales rank of the Kindle version of "The Art of Life" and was thrilled to discover it was ranked #1 in free Kindle books in the section Humor > Parenting & Families. Went on my Facebook author page and my Twitter account to brag about it.
- Had a simple lunch: my son's leftover chicken tenders and corn muffin from last night's dinner at Famous Dave's BBQ, along with some frozen peas.
- Sat down to get some work done finally, and was hit in the leg repeatedly by a toddler who was overtired and excitable.
- Offered to take him for a walk in the stroller, the plan being to come here after he fell asleep and get some work done.
- Sat down to write up a post of how I've been procrastinating so far...
OK, it's time!
Time Management, Or Lack Thereof
This is my entry for therealljidol. This week is an open topic, so I chose to write about something I've been thinking about a lot, ever since…
This is my entry for Week 7 of LJ Idol Survivor. This week's prompt was "Dig It." Can You Dig It? Mustard kitchen counters outlasted all my…
This is my entry for LJ Idol - Survivor, with the topic "Keel-hauling." Keel-Hauling Tethered by my umbilical I scrambled topside, mouth opening…